PDA

View Full Version : ROse tinted spectacles

gary67
16-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Article here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/8683377.stm) about NZ, I think the reporter has rose tinted spectacles

johcar
16-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey, if it brings a few more tourists....

prefect
16-05-2010, 02:20 PM
The whinging kippers are lucky they keep their englander passports so they can go home if they dont like it, we are stuck here.
Seemed right to me but I have only been here 54 years

WalOne
16-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Must've been tripping out on something. Or paid handsomely by the NZRU or the Tourist Board ..

What a lot of unmitigated crap.

pctek
16-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Anyone actually lived in another country that isn't AUstralia?
NZ is a lot better than a lot of other places.....

And it's nice NZ got some positive comments, better than being slagged.

johcar
16-05-2010, 04:14 PM

Exactly! Spend a couple of years or more in Europe and you'll come home singing the Fred Dagg anthem 'You don't know how lucky you are Trev' at the top of your voice!

When you realize that he is seeing NZ from an English viewpoint, you can see why he would be so impressed. Sure, NZ isn't perfect, but it's a lot closer than from where he normally sits!

Marnie
16-05-2010, 04:36 PM

:clap

Why do so many New Zealanders seem to want to put themselves or their country down so much? Have some pride and shout our praises loudly.

WalOne
16-05-2010, 05:56 PM

Yes, apart from OZ: USA, UK, and Japan - a total of 25 years, my work taking me to India, Iran and Eastern bloc countries. And I still think the article is unmitigated c..., a pathetic standard of journalism, compiled after reading travel magazine garbage, then stringing perceived gems of literary cliches together to make what the author hopes is compulsive descriptive reading. This type of journalism comes out of the same stables that motoring magazines, art critics, film critics et al write for.

Yes, 25 years in other parts of the world make me really appreciate NZ, and I'd be one of its staunchest supporters. But we still don't need drivel like this article written about us.

(Bah, humbug)

;)

mikebartnz
16-05-2010, 10:18 PM

Well said. Unless you have travelled you don't realise what a great country this is.

ubergeek85
16-05-2010, 11:54 PM
I can see why the guy likes the country. I've been to England for three months, and, day to day, it's honestly a bit of a **** hole. I think he was wearing beer goggles though.

NZ is also a bit of a **** hole in some respects though.

Battleneter2
17-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Article here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/8683377.stm) about NZ, I think the reporter has rose tinted spectacles

That article is a little romantic lol

Its hard to find someone that has visited NZ and doesn't love it. As said those that have traveled tend to have more of a clue over those that have been no where and bag NZ left and right.