PDA

View Full Version : Hurt Locker lawsuit

Hitech
16-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Anybody here guilty of downloading this movie if so start saving.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/3697307/Lawsuit-planned-for-Hurt-Locker-pirates

Speedy Gonzales
16-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Nope wouldnt bother

plod
16-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Maybe their should be going after the person who first leaked it, and that would be one of their own.

xyz823
16-05-2010, 02:51 PM
They are probably spending millions on tracking these thousands of people down and getting them charged.

They probably would have made more if it was released at the same time worldwide. I hadnt even heard of the Hurt Locker untill it won all those Oscars. And even then it still wasnt out in New Zealand.

And like plod says, they would be a lot better of finding the source of the leak.

paulw
16-05-2010, 07:30 PM
The movie made stuff all until it got an Oscar. No doubt that the studios are trying to sue every one so that they can make up for the money they lost when it was first released and flopped.

Metla
16-05-2010, 08:05 PM
It made stuff all even after the oscar.

CYaBro
16-05-2010, 09:39 PM
I agree they should be going after the peron/s that leaked it onto the internet.
Why go after the consumers?
Some of which may have actually gone and seen the movie at the theatre and bought the DVD/bluray even though they downloaded it.

--Wolf--
16-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Interesting how it's a 2008 movie yet only came out here a couple of months ago.

SP8's
17-05-2010, 12:06 PM
I was under the impression that movie company's had a method of embedding the name of the person who had a particular copy of the disc, thereby having the ability to trace back who the person who "released" it.

GameJunkie
17-05-2010, 12:14 PM
what are peoples impression of the movie anyway?

Bozo
17-05-2010, 12:22 PM
what are peoples impression of the movie anyway?

Utter crap.

Very boring, very little happens, completely un-interesting or suspenseful.

For those of you who haven't seen it - don't bother - its a waste of time.

SP8's
17-05-2010, 01:01 PM
It's probably a lot more realistic than some of the other movies made. If you look at it as a doco type movie as opposed to a full on action movie full of special affects and all the associated BS .... it's actually not bad IMO.

Metla
17-05-2010, 01:06 PM
The name alone is enough to make me avoid it.

--Wolf--
17-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Actually one of the best Iraq movies imo. Name a better one.

And demon there is no way you can say it was not suspenseful. What a load of crap. Maybe a little slow in some places but it's about a BOMB SQUAD not special forces soldiers running round like rambo and it was definitively suspenseful.

Though I do agree with Melta it was a bad choice for the title.

(either way, I'm glad it beat Avatar)

Bozo
17-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Actually one of the best Iraq movies imo. Name a better one.
Good Iraq movies don't exist, because there is nothing good or interesting happening there.

And demon there is no way you can say it was not suspenseful. What a load of crap. Maybe a little slow in some places but it's about a BOMB SQUAD not special forces soldiers running round like rambo and it was definitively suspenseful.

You obviously haven't seen many movies so this can be forgiven - all the 'suspense' was text book hollywood material, boringly predictable and lacked any form of nail-biting material.

Special force soldiers running round like rambo isn't suspenseful either - just action.

Metla
17-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I enjoyed Jarhead....

Cato
17-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Good Iraq movies don't exist, because there is nothing good or interesting happening there.
Nothing good happened in 'nam either, but there are plenty of good 'nam movies out there.

Cicero
17-05-2010, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=Metla;909536]The name alone is enough to make me avoid it.[/QUOTE

This happens if you are in darkness and full of pain.

The film is good,if you are into Yank heroics,and I am not.

--Wolf--
17-05-2010, 03:59 PM

You obviously haven't seen many movies so this can be forgiven - all the 'suspense' was text book hollywood material, boringly predictable and lacked any form of nail-biting material.

Special force soldiers running round like rambo isn't suspenseful either - just action.

Fair points. I still stand by my point that it was actually a good movie however. I enjoyed it.

Bozo
17-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Fair points. I still stand by my point that it was actually a good movie however. I enjoyed it.

End of the day - personal taste :)

GameJunkie
17-05-2010, 04:57 PM
wasn't matt damon in a war type movie , green zone i think it was?

SolMiester
17-05-2010, 05:12 PM
BitTorrent...?, far easier to duplicate the DVD when you rent it!!

No ISP downloading to check....LMAO